8.14.2014

Cocktailing with Mrs. V - Palm Beach style

Been a bit of a whirlwind since I last left off in May.  Summer has been super busy with work related projects but I am finally able to come up for air and give chez V some much needed love. 

So let’s get right back to it, then.  Y’all know the mister and I spend a great deal of time social cocktailing on our patio.  Patio perching is a favorite pastime.  Many of my IG posts involve some sort of perching situation as seen under my hashtag #patioperching.  Also noticeable is the amount of time I spend on the hunt #scoutreport.  I scour for vintage finds like nobody’s business.  I have been known to create entire rooms around a found item. 

So when the fabulous folks from Chairish, an amazing online vintage marketplace that makes fueling my hunting frenzy that much easier, asked me to style up my idea of the perfect home bar using inspiration from their vintage bar stool collection, I jumped at the chance.  And you know I am going to take that bar situation right to the patio chez V style.  


1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5

While scouring the vintage bar stool selection, I immediately landed on a pair of woven wicker and rattan stools which spoke to my Palm Beach perching dreams.  With the woven bar stools as my inspiration point, I designed a patio situation that reflects my approach to outdoor living – bring the indoors out!  I will drag my dining table out to the back yard in a minute and set up a table fit for a queen.   Our patio is truly an extension of our indoor spaces and I tend to gravitate toward pieces that do double duty indoors and out.  Next, I found a dark Ficks Reed sofa, which I envision with stripey cushions, a brass pineapple ice bucket, because I still heart everything brass, and a super fun tribal fringe pillow that is the perfect side of crazy.  Oh, let’s not forget the bar – a leggy lil lass.  Anchored with some great vintage pieces from Chairish, I mixed in some of my favorite accessories to create a chic outdoor cocktail area fit for C.Z. Guest.



1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 |similar 10  | 11 | 12 | 13





Pour in some vintage 60s prep over a little pink flair shaken with some Chinoiserie and you have the patio cocktail of mrs. V’s dreams.

Layouts by Emily Vanderputten

kisses,  mrs. V

5 comments:

Carrie said...

Gorgeous!! I want all of it!

Elizabeth @ The Little Black Door said...

I'll bring the gin and I'll be over tonight! Love the whole set up!! Glad you're back sister.

The Pink Pagoda said...

Oh wow, Emily -- happy to see you back! And THANK YOU for including my garden stool!!

Unknown said...

Missed you Em and glad to see you back. Love your perch ideas and following you on IG. xo Nancy

therelishedroost said...

Love all those boards they are such fun!!